So last night I ended up rewatching the Green Bay Packers loss to the New York Jets at Lambeau Field on Sunday.
I always rewatch the games of the Wisconsin Badgers (football & basketball), the Milwaukee Bucks and Green Bay Packers. Usually it’s the later on the game of the day or the following day.
Here’s a few takeaways that from the game:
- Lots of unforced errors
- Need to help the offensive line until they get in a groove
- The offense needs an answer for man coverage
- Defense was “ok” but need better eyes and pursuit angles in the run game
- Aaron Rodgers played better than initially thought (still not great)
- Special Teams problems inexcusable
- Didn’t really have a problem with the effort, the problem is focus
- Teams no longer fear Lambeau Field or the Green Bay Packers
- Any time LaFleur’s teams get punched in the mouth, they shrivel up. That’s been a common theme in every loss the Packers have had in his tenure
Finally, it can all be fixed but it’s a lot to fix at once. This will be Matt LaFleur’s greatest test to date. Embrace the suck and get back to work.
The Packers will be going against Taylor Heinicke at QB for the Washington Redskins this week. Let’s see how that goes.
Go Pack Go!
If you’d like to support nickobotsports.com, you can subscribe by clicking here. Every subscription on my Patreon link is greatly appreciated!